Dining at the Hans Sternbach Vineyard
We are a rustic restaurant, that aims to serve excellent, moderately simple, real food, without the label of “gourmet”. We want to serve food and not compositions on the plates. As a vineyard and a winery we are committed to cooking with wine.
The food we prepare has a local character, to be based on local recipes and to be made from local ingredients in their season. We aspire to produce as much as possible of the ingredients ourselves and use the wild plants that grow in our organic garden as much as possible.
In according to our ecologic perception, we want to make food out of ingredients and staples of known origin and of clear quality (not necessarily the most “exquisite” or the most expensive available, we are aware of cost) and we try to avoid as much as possible the use of ready made industrial products. We are committed to sustainability and to defending the environment.
We try to avoid as much as possible staple and ingredients, which have been hauled long distances by air land and sea. Hence, you will not find in our restaurant cheese from Parma, mussels from New Zeeland, Atlantic salt or water from the Golan Heights.
All items are served with bread & butter
Egg and fish dishes are served only until 12:00 pm
- Home baked bread & Butter 15 ₪
- ‘Ija (Herb frittata) 32 ₪
- Rolled omelettes 32 ₪
(fried-onion, cheese, mushrooms etc.)
- 2 Eggs – Boiled (soft & hard), Omelettes & Fried 29 ₪
- Shaqshooqa (Fried eggs on a tomato & bell pepper sauce) 40 ₪
- An assortment of the house cheeses: Small/ Large 25 ₪ / 45 ₪
- A plate of homemade cured fish: Small / Large 25 ₪ / 45 ₪
- Cured salmon (Gravad Lax) & cream cheese: Small / Large 25 ₪ / 45 ₪
- An assortment of the house jams: 2 / 4 jams 10 ₪ / 20 ₪
- A bit of everything – (Eat as you can of all the breakfast items) 98 ₪
Served only to an entire table.
- Israeli breakfast (Single / Double) 55 ₪ / 102 ₪
Bread & Butter, olives, 2 eggs of choice, 2 soft cheeses, Jam, mixed vegetable salad, Lemonade, Coffee or Tea.
- Fish breakfast (Single / Double) 55 ₪ / 102 ₪
Bread & Butter, olives, A plate of cured fish, 2 soft cheeses, jam, mixed vegetable salad, Lemonade, Coffee or Tea.
- Shaqshooqa breakfast (Single / Double) 72 ₪ / 139 ₪
Bread & Butter, olives, Shaqshooqa , 2 soft cheeses, jam, mixed vegetable salad, Lemonade, Coffee or Tea.
- Hummus 23 ₪
- Labaneh 23 ₪
- Matboukha 26 ₪
- Mixed vegetable salad in a lemon & olive oil dressing 23 ₪
- Mixed green salad in a balsamico vinaigrette 23 ₪
- Lentil, fried onion & green herbs salad 23 ₪
- White beet leaves & pecan nuts salad 30 ₪
- Roots salad in a lemon and ‘Arak sauce 23 ₪
- Red beet carpaccio in a tahini vinaigrette 23 ₪
- Radishes in lemon & mint 23 ₪
- Fried aubergine in aceto balsamico & coriander leaves 26 ₪
All soups & salads this page are served with bread & butter
Cold First Courses
The five items are served with bread or toast
Warm First Courses
Both dishes and accompanied by brown glazed onions, red cabbage braised in red wine, rice & green salad.
The four dishes are served with small oven baked potatoes and a green salad.
Dessert & Drinks
- Seasonal fruit salad with whipped cream 27 ₪
- Seasonal fruit salad with aceto balsamico & sugar / sugar / natural 22 ₪
- Coffee meringue parfait 26 ₪
- Strawberry parfait 26 ₪
- Pecan pie slice 30 ₪
- Chocolate cake slice 28 ₪
- An assortment of the house cheeses: Small / Large 25 ₪ / 45 ₪
- Extra whipped cream 5 ₪
Hans Sternbach Wines in the Restaurant
- Home Wine: Bottle / Glass 60 ₪ / 15 ₪
- Hakhlil Valley Rose 2017: Bottle / Glass 90 ₪ / 30 ₪
- Rose 2016: Bottle / Glass 50 ₪ / 15 ₪
- Hakhlil Valley White 2015/16/17 : Bottle / Glass 100 ₪ / 34 ₪
- Janaba White 2017: Bottle / Glass 100 ₪ / 34 ₪
- Hakhlil Valley 2013/14/15/16 : Bottle / Glass 90 ₪ / 30 ₪
- Janaba Reserve 2010/11/12/13: Bottle / Glass 130 ₪ / 43 ₪
- La Janaba Reserve 2015: Bottle / Glass 130 ₪ / 43 ₪
- Janaba Reserve 2008 - Magnum 410 ₪
- Janaba Reserve 2003/5/6 - Bottle 610 ₪
- Hakhlil Valley (Red) 2003 - Bottle 310 ₪